One of the topics that received a high percentage mark on last year’s survey was for the National Inventory Certification Association (NICA) to add another level of Certification to the educational opportunities. Responding to this request, we are very pleased to announce that the Certified Appraisal Examiner (CAE) designation has been established.
We thank the committee members – Debra Palmer, Kate LeGrand, and Tricia Hoekwater, and Associate Member Ray Nugent for their input, time, and consideration that they gave as we developed the CAE program, which is noted here.
Certified Appraisal Examiner (CAE)
The purpose of a CAE designation is to:
- Establish additional recognition and credibility to the home inventory industry.
- Bring recognition to this specialized service.
- Provide Nugent Appraisal and other appraisal firms with certified, qualified examiners.
- Provide more value to your NICA membership.
- Provide our members with additional revenue opportunities.
Requirements to earn the CAE designation:
- Prerequisite: have achieved certification as a CIS
- Successfully complete the following courses: Appraisal Examiner, Customer Service, and one elective from courses offered by NICA
Courses taken to attain the CAE can be applied toward the 5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) required annually to retain designation(s). Both CIS and CAE can be renewed each year by achieving the 5 CEUs.