This Marketing Minute is provided by Associate Member Mary Gillen
One big question that most small business owners ask, is … how do you stay in touch and find new referral sources or potential clients? The answer is … start or beef up your blog! Following are helpful tips from Mary Gillen:
- Always include an image with your blog post.
- Include Call-to-Actions at the End of Blog Posts.
- If you have a newsletter, add an email subscribe box at the end of every blog post. Be sure to offer some quality content such as a case study, white paper or a discount coupon as a thank you for the subscription.
- Create an “About Me” video that welcomes visitors to your blog. Embed it on your About Page.
- Do you have a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section of information on your Web site? Repurpose these frequently-asked questions as blog posts so the info is indexed in the major search engines. This leads to more traffic from potential customers.
- Use your blog to post the offer of a free consultation to anyone who leaves a thoughtful, business-like comment.