Many members have stated that they want to start a blog, but just don’t know how to create one, where to find content, etc.
We listened! We reached out to Associate Member Mary Gillen and Member Tricia Hoekwater. Both have written courses before and we’ve always received positive comments about the content and thoroughness of information.
They once again came through with an exceptional course – far exceeded expectations! Once you’ve completed How to Build a Successful Blog for Inventory Professionals, you’ll be ready to tackle the project of starting and maintaining your Home Inventory Blog!
Following is an outline to see what you can expect. The course should be available before the next newsletter is distributed. Look for it mid-March!
Module 1 includes the whys and hows of setting up a blog:
- What is a Blog
- Blogging vs. Traditional Websites
- Why Blog
- Benefits of Blogging
- Develop A Successful Blogger Mindset
- Pros and Cons of Blogging
- Content Marketing and Content Marketing Strategy for the Inventory Professional
- Naming & Branding Your Blog
- All the steps required to set up your professional blog
Module 2 provides tips on Generating Content Ideas:
- Identify Relevant Topics and Key Takeaways for Your Readers
- Focus and Harness Your Train of Thought
- Content Research
- Questions Straight From Your Target Audience
- Identify Your Inventory Niche Communities to Generate New Ideas
- The Most Effective Types of Blog Content
- Repurposing Content
- Content Promotion Strategies
Module 3 shares tips and tools for successful Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Brief Intro to SEO
- Understanding Search Engines
- Keyword Research
- Basic Site Setup For SEO
- The Best SEO Plugin For WordPress
- Optimizing Your Page Titles
- Optimizing Your Meta Descriptions
Just as important as creating a successful blog, it is also necessary to know when to take a break. The Conclusion shares information on how to take productive breaks.