This Marketing Minute is provided by Associate Member Mary Gillen
What is a conversion headline? It is one that encourages the reader to do what you want them to do. With all the digital marketing options today, this can be directed toward those who visit your website, blog, or even a social media post. This conversion you are seeking can be filling out a form, signing up for your newsletter, visiting your website, etc.
You have less than 40 seconds to attract the attention of a “cold” prospect on the Web. Attract them with a great headline that educates them in some new way and appeals to their self-interest. The headline copy should also convey credibility…that you understand their challenges.
- How to Save Money on Your Homeowners Insurance
- How to Track Your Small Business Assets
Customers purchase products and services to relieve some kind of pain they have about themselves. Through your headline, is it possible to “shock” the customer with a reminder of this pain, and convey the message that living with this pain is worse than the pain of changing. Ask a question. It is the same method used in radio ads to attract attention to the message.
- Could you list all the contents of your house if you had a fire or theft?
- Do you know if your business is sufficiently insured to replace all items destroyed after a disaster?
Call-to-action (CTA) copy can be included in your headlines.
- Contact Us Now for a Complimentary Report on Homeowners Insurance.
- Learn How a Personal Property Inventory Can Save You Time After a Loss.
- Call Us Today at [phone number] for Your 15% Discount.
- Watch this Video on Key Reasons Why You Need a Home Inventory.
Once your headline has grabbed their attention, you’ll have a higher success at converting this “cold” prospect into a client.