A strong Code of Ethics is the foundation that establishes the standard for all inventory professionals to conduct business. These standard business practices help to ensure a reputable and respected industry. Members of the National Inventory Certification Association agree to adhere to the standards set forth for the betterment of each individual professional and the inventory industry as a whole.
The four modules in this course cover the following topics:
Module 1: Professionalism
- Promote professionalism through products, services, and interaction with others.
- Fulfill all obligations in a respectful and business-like manner.
- Conduct business in a manner that will not denigrate this industry or other inventory professionals.
- Support all industry professionals for the common good of the industry.
- Promote competency and professionalism through continuing education.
Module 2: Integrity
- Display honesty and integrity in all business and personal relationships.
- Answer all questions truthfully and honestly prior to, during, and after services rendered.
- Offer services only for which I am qualified, and make every effort to refer a service professional for those I cannot perform.
- Promote and advertise services honestly.
- Respect the intellectual property of others and not use this proprietary information without permission.
Module 3: Confidentiality
- Honor the trust expected of an inventory professional.
- Take precautions to maintain all customer information in a secure manner.
- Do not disclose information about customers (i.e., data, photos, reports, etc.), in verbal or written form.
- Do not sell, share, trade, or otherwise provide customer databases to other companies or individuals.
- Publish customer testimonials only with their written consent.
Module 4: Customer Service
- Serve customers with respect and courtesy.
- Arrive at the scheduled time, prepared to complete the task promptly and efficiently.
- Complete all projects within the agreed-upon timeframe and deliver the finished product on time and in the format expected.
- Place customers’ needs first.
- Strive to exceed customer expectations.