Knowing the difference between marketing and sales is the first step towards developing a professional marketing plan that can help you generate new business or more business from the customers you already have. Understanding your prospect’s “pain points” and how you can help them solve their problems become the foundation of your marketing messages.
Taking this a step further, you need to learn how to develop strategies for pricing, sales and service, based on your ideal customer. To be successful in this online age, you also need to know how to research the keyword terms that prospects and customers use to find your services in the major search engines. By incorporating those terms into a professionally-designed responsive website, you can help prospects discover your services in your local area so you can generate new leads. You will also need to turn those leads into paying customers. To build on your success, you’ll also need to know how to develop and nurture a referral network based on your satisfied customers.
Module 1 – Introduction to Marketing and Sales
- The difference between marketing and sales
- Why do people buy? Discover your customer pain points
- Who is your ideal client?
- How to create your ideal customer profile
Module 2 – How to Create a Marketing Plan
- What info is included in a marketing/sales plan?
- Target Market/Market Research
- Positioning Statement
- Offering to Customers
- Price Strategy
- Sales Strategy
- Service Strategy
- Promotion Strategy
- Sample marketing plan
Module 3 – Building Your Online Marketing/Sales Digital Framework
- Conducting keyword research
- Creating a website that works
- Setting up social media accounts that are best for promoting professional services
- Best ways to generate leads
- How to turn leads into paying customers
Module 4 – Building a Referral Network
- The importance of educating new prospects
- The professionals you should network with for consistent referrals
- How to ask for referrals