Our May survey focused on benefits. It is extremely important for NICA to know what benefits we offer are valued, and what benefits are good, but not ranking at the top of the list. Knowing what you, as members, value from your education association will help guide us as we grow and improve.
Following are the questions and the responses we received from members and nonmembers.
Please rank the NICA member benefits in order of importance
- Being listed on the website directory, which provides referral opportunities
- The opportunity to achieve certification
- Being affiliated with other professionals in a national association
- Having a press release written and distributed announcing your earned certification
- 50% discount off continuing education courses and the certification exam
- Having a press release written and distributed announcing other industry news about you and/or your company
- Being promoted in NICA social media posts
- Opportunity to be a guest blogger on the NICA website
Overwhelmingly, being listed in the directory is the number one benefit. Each member who owns a home inventory business is listed once all the information if provided to NICA. When you achieve certification, your listing is in bold text, which tells those visitng the website that you have achieved your CIS designation.
The opportunity to be certified ranked second. We will continue to concentrate on our focus as we learn what topics are of greatest interest to you.
What other benefits would you like to see NICA offer?
- A second (higher) level of certification (after set # of years in business and further education). TIED with #2
- Specialty recognition of expertise, such as specializing in Home Inventories, specializing in Loss inventories, etc., with required courses to achieve these specialties. TIED with #1
- Virtual (online) convention that might include webinars for CEUs, Google Hangouts, etc.
- Onsite convention.
- Conference calls for information-sharing.
The certification options (#1 and #2) will be researched and given a great deal of attention. We will keep you updated on this initiative.