Remodeling and Adding On
When a house is not large enough, people add a room or rooms to serve their needs. When a house is needing improvements, whether structural, functional, or cosmetic, the owners often remodel. Both adding on and remodeling projects require a lot of planning, investing, and having a plan so the effort has a purpose and serves a need.
The National Inventory Certification Association has just completed projects that can be categorized as adding on and others as remodels. We are continually looking for ways to improve the association and provide additional benefits of membership. Many changes and investments have been made, based on membership feedback and requests.
Remodeling – Improving the Basics
Over the past few months our remodeling projects have included
- Upgrading the website (which remains an ongoing project)
- Upgrading our membership software
- Upgrading course software to a more efficient and more responsive program
Adding On – Continuing Professional Education
Until a few months ago, the certification program was the singular education offering. After survey responses were reviewed, the two most-requested courses were introduced to the “new addition” of Continuing Professional Education Courses. This add-on education section will receive additional add-ons. Here is what is completed, and what is in the planning stages of Continuing Professional Education Courses for the remainder of 2014:
- Completed and now available: Residential Contents Inventory
- Completed and now available: Business Contents Inventory
- Initiated development of four additional continuing education courses – again based on survey responses
- Added ebooks and audio files that cover a variety of business topics
With construction tools in hand (a webmaster, content writers, editors, ebook authors) we have a plan, blue prints, and a focus to serve our members well.