Safe Work Practices
When you begin providing your residential and commercial inventory services, using safety measures will be greatly appreciated by your clients. When scheduling or confirming your appointment, mention the steps you will take.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration offers suggestions to help you stay safe, using extra precautions while Covid-19 remains an issue:
- Refrain from shaking clients’ hands upon entry and exit.
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from customers and other individuals, whenever possible.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Follow CDC recommendations to sneeze or cough in the crease of your elbow or cover your mouth with a disposable tissue.
- Wear PPE during your process and dispose of those items properly at the completion of your inventory or appraisal job.
- Encourage payment by electronic means or over the phone rather than handling credit cards, debit cards, or cash.