During the many shut-downs and other restrictions we are facing this year, some members have expressed concern about being able to continue their home inventory business. Most likely, one-on-one meetings are few or nonexistent. The same with in-person networking meetings. Many organizations have canceled their group meetings until further notice.
So, what can you do now to help keep your business viable? Stay in touch with current and reach out to new prospects and referral sources. Use the extra downtime you have now to:
- Update your website to give it a fresh look. (You might even want to put a notice on the home page that you wear a mask for your clients’ safety.)
- Call current referral sources and let them know you’re still doing inventories.
- Contact small business owners. If they are shut down, this would be a good time to do an inventory and not interrupt the workflow or be in contact with their employees.
- Deaths and disasters are still happening, so these inventory services are still needed. Contact these professionals to let them know you’re still providing your inventory service.
- Pop in to meet insurance agents (be sure to wear a mask!).
- Call your current clients and offer virtual updates. You can use virtual apps or have them send photos.
- Start a blog and/or newsletter.
- Increase your social media presence.
- Review your processes and procedures to update or refine what you are currently doing.
Believe in yourself, your business, and the need for your inventory services! Be creative! Stay positive!